*Disclosure: My family and I attended Granite City Northville's "mock service" and were treated to a complimentary meal. The opinions listed here, however, are my own.
I am no stranger to Granite City - although previously Troy was the only GC location in Michigan, I live within walking distance from that location, and my friends and I like to go to their happy hour. I had not been in a while, however, so I was glad that my family and I got the opportunity this past Saturday night to try out its new location in Northville.
Because this was a "mock service," there were a few rules we had to follow - we were allowed one appetizer for the table, and were able to choose from about five different apps and also entrees. No entree could be doubled (ie, each person had to choose a different entree from the other), too. My mom and I don't eat fish and my dad is a big fan of burgers, so we eventually settled on the Bruschetta Salad (Mom), Big Show Burger (Dad), and Chicken Limone (me).
For our appetizer, we got the spinach artichoke dip. I'm not a huge fan of spinach OR artichokes, but it actually ended up being really delicious. Like, so delicious that I want to order it next time I go back.
My Chicken Limone reminded me of chicken piccata but minus the capers, and was also very good. I tried my mom's bruschetta salad too, although I believe I've had that at the Troy location once, and liked it. The standout from the entrees was actually the sweet potato tots that came with my dad's burger ... my mom and I pretty much gobbled them up as we are both huge sweet potato fans.
Granite City's dining area is very upscale as well. My dad was happy that there were flatscreen TVs everywhere, since the MSU/Duke basketball game was on, and the layout is very similar to Troy's. I've also heard that the bar area has purse hooks for ladies and places to charge your mobile devices, which is awesome.
|photo courtesy of Granite City|
I just realized I haven't even talked about GC's beers ... I didn't get the chance to try one at my event but I've sampled a few before. The signature flavors are the Broad Axe Stout, The Bennie, The Duke, and The Northern, and they have many different cocktails as well. I particularly like to go there during happy hour for the $5 cocktails.
Things to know before you go:
- Granite City is located at 39603 Traditions Dr. in Northville - easily accessible from 275. There are entrances on both 7 Mile Rd. and Haggerty Rd.
- It's grand opening is April 8th and 10% of each meal purchase on that day will be donated to a food bank; Granite City has partnered with the Northville Civic Concern for this.
- Patrons who visit on April 8th will also receive a free Brew Rewards membership.
- Hours are 11 am to midnight (Mon.-Thurs.), 11am to 1am (Fri. and Sat.), and 10am to 10pm on Sundays; Sunday brunch is served from 10am to 2pm.
- The restaurant brews its own beer on-site, using their own "Fermentus Interruptus" process - the brewing process is actually started in Minnesota, at their home facility, and then is able to continue once shipped to the restaurant. Check out the restaurant's brewing area - you can't miss it!
- The restaurant is 10,200 square feet and can seat about 300 patrons. There's also an outdoor patio with more seating for 80 people.
- A downtown Detroit location will be opening sometime soon as well, in the Ren Cen.
- Growlers are available for purchase of your favorite beer, and are $30 for the initial purchase and then $15 every time you bring it back to the restaurant; they hold 64 oz. of beer
Next time I return to Granite City I am definitely getting the sweet potato tots! My favorite thing there so far is the BBQ chicken flatbread - reasonably priced at $8 during happy hour - and I will for sure have to order the Spinach Artichoke dip again, too.
One lucky Yes/No Films reader will win a $25 Granite City gift card! I currently have the gift card in my possession and will be mailing it to the winner.
Enter via the widget below. Giveaway will end on Tuesday, April 21st, at 11:59pm EST, and winner will be notified via email and have 24 hours to respond, or an alternate winner will be chosen.
Must live within driving distance of a Granite City location - click here to find the nearest one to you.
Make sure to visit my blogger friends for even more chances to win!
- Rock and Drool - ends 4/10
- Being Cheap is Easy - ends 4/10
- Raising Dick and Jane - ends 4/13
- Horrible Housewife - ends 4/15
- The Everyday Warrior - ends 4/16
- Week99er - ends 4/20
- Metro Detroit Parents - ends 4/20
- Mrs. Weber's Neighborhood - ends 4/21
- Mom Among Chaos - ends 4/21
- Coupon Savvy Sarah - ends 4/22
$25 GC Northville gift card