Have you ever wondered what it would be like walking down the streets of Manhattan? Seeing our favourite TV shows on screen clearly impacts us, the audience, encouraging us to travel to the places where they have been shot. If you are planning your vacation calendar for 2014, this is your chance to get off the sofa and experience it for yourself. If you need some inspiration, here you have 5 cool TV destinations across the USA!
1. New Mexico: Breaking BadTerrible decisions are made by a very ordinary chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with inoperable lung Breaking Bad is one of those TV series that makes you think of what would it happen if one day you decide not to follow the rules? The producer and director of the TV show, Vince Gilligan, definitely achieved the objective. The TV series, which has been nominated for a variety of different awards, was filmed in Albuquerque, New Mexico, a city full of personality, good weather and a great cuisine. Because it’s not as famous as New York, Los Angeles or Chicago (5his city is still free of tourists) maybe it’s time to give it a go … last but not least, apparently Walter White exists!
- Where to eat New Mexican cuisine? Visit El Pinto (2111 Church St. N.W, Albuquerque) and be careful, as the dishes are spicy!
2. Boston: Funny stories on the East Coast
- Where to stay: If you travel to Boston and you need to compare prices for hotels check out Expedia deals.
3. New York: The Big AppleIt is true that we all love New York, even if we haven’t visited it yet. However, thanks to the endless list of Sex and the City or How I Met Your Mother still makes us laugh, whilst we wish that one day, we´ll move to Manhattan. But if there is a TV series that has had a real impact in our lives, it´s Friends: The story of six young professionals trying to live on their own in the city. If you want to see where Phoebe played the guitar and where the love story between Chandler and Monica began, don’t miss your chance to walk to the Corner of Bedford and Grove in Manhattan. This building also has a small cafe on the ground floor, however it isn't Central Perk as that was a set in Los Angeles.
TV series set in the Big Apple, then yes! We definitely love it.
- Where to spend the afternoon? If there is a place for creativity in NY City, it is MoMA (11 W. 53rd St, New York); You won´t want to leave the building!
4. Los Angeles: Dating in the sun
the most exciting parts of the States. And let´s be honest; we all know that thanks to the hundreds of TV shows that have been set there. Whatever the reason is, the spots filmed here always show us relationship issues between the main characters. From the classic
- Where to go for shopping? If you love true vintage, don’t hesitate to have a look at Painted Bird (4208 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles)
5. Seattle: Comedy on the Northwest coast
- Where to have the best coffee in the city: Espresso Vivace (Check out its several locations at espressovivace.com)