|photo courtesy of LiveSmart's Facebook page|
Putting on my "Yes/No Foods" hat once again ...
I received a big box in the mail the other day, and I found six bars waiting for me. I couldn't remember if I had won these or agreed to review them, and then I looked through my Gmail and found that the LiveSmart company had been looking for bloggers; therefore, these were mine to eat (yay!) but I would have to take some pictures first.
|The LiveSmart bar samples I received. |
I gave two to my mom who loves flax seed, but ate the rest of them.
I am always on the hunt for new snacks and also new breakfast foods. I tend to not eat a big breakfast, choosing either toast with peanut butter or butter or cereal, like Cheerios, and for me, a fast breakfast is also a priority since I am usually rushing off to work during the week.
|Me in Ann Arbor with one|
of the bars
Some cool facts about the LiveSmart bars:
- They come in six flavors: Original Flax Bar, Chocolate Flax Bar, Original Fruit & Nut Raw Bar, Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Raw Bar, Power Fitness Raw Bar, and Chocolate Suicide Raw Bar
- Their Flax bars are gluten-, lactose-, peanut- and wheat-free, and are also vegan and non-GMO
- Their Raw bars are gluten-, soy-, lactose-, peanut-, wheat-, and dairy-free, and approved for vegans and non-GMO
- Both the Raw and Flax bars are under 200 calories each - I think most were around 190
- The company is a Michigan company and is based out of Oak Park! I love supporting Michigan businesses.
And the most important part ... I'm not really one for "health bars" - I've tried ClifBars in the past and didn't usually like them - but I did like these. The Fruit & Nut Raw Bar had a satisfying crunchy taste and also tasted good, and the Chocolate Suicide Raw Bar had a chocolate-y/carob-type taste (yes, chocolate-y) to it which I liked.