What is NBC’s Share and Tell?
Did you know that for every pound of new goods produced, 71 pounds of waste are generated during manufacturing? This Earth Week, NBCUniversal is partnering with the sharing site yerdle to help you minimize your impact on the planet by sharing your stuff. One person’s stuff is another person’s story!
Here’s how it works:
1) Join or host a Share & Tell Party (click the “Join the Party” button in the app below).
2) Post your stuff to share with friends. Discover other items that are up for grabs.
3) Tell the story of your sharing experiences on your favorite social media site. #ShareandTell.
And if you're like me, you're probably wondering what yerdle is ...
Yerdle is the new mission-driven California Benefit corporation that’s out to help people share with their friends rather than buying things new. On yerdle, friends post items they're willing to give away or loan, search for items they're looking to get, and nab the things they want. Simple.
Why Host a Share and Tell?
Protect the planet, save money, give gifts to your friends and find things you want. Hosting a Share and Tell means inviting your Facebook friends to share things you want. Parties can either be hosted in-person or online, it’s up to you!
Check out the widget below, and the best and most interesting posts may be highlighted on NBC’s Green Is Universal, and yerdle’s Facebook pages!
NBC has a prize pack to give to one lucky Yes/No Films reader! The prize pack consists of:
One Green is Universal canvas tote bag (made from recycled cotton)
... along with two of the items below (chosen at random):
- Planet Ocean DVD
- Green is Universal T-shirt (made by Alternative Apparel)
- Green is Universal colored pencil kits (made from recycled newspaper)
- Green is Universal Vapur water bottles (BPA-free)
- Green is Universal hardboard cover spiral bound notebook
- Green is Universal burlap FEED bag
Enter the contest via the Rafflecopter widget below. Prize will be sent via FedEx or UPS - no P.O. boxes, please. The contest ends on Friday, April 27th, at 11:59pm EST, and the winner will be contacted on Saturday, April 28th and have 24 hours to respond, or an alternate winner will be chosen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Disclosure: NBC and DBA Worldwide is sponsoring this contest and will be shipping the prize pack to the winner.